I recently finished an excellent business book called "Playing to win: how strategy really works". The author, Martin Roger breaks down building a successful business strategy into a number of key steps:
- Set your aspiration
- Decide where you are going to play
- Decide how you are going to win
- Work out what capabilities you need
- Implement management systems to track progress and guide.
On consideration, when thinking about your life goals, the steps are not dramatically different
- What difference do you want to make in the world (aspiration)
- Of all the things you want to do, which are the (small number) of key ones (where)
- What do you need to do to address these (how to win)
- What skills, resources or tools do you need (capabilities)
- Do you have a way of maintaining focus and tracking progress (system)
At the beginning of the year, many people consider resolutions, goals and plans and so on. If you are about to do so, why not consider adapting these steps?
Time4Goals is an app that has the power to change people's lives through helping then focus and prioritise their life goals. We are crowd-funding to allow us to move from design into production. Why not pledge your support at the site and be one of the first to get access to the system as it is rolled out? Click through to our site to find out more about the system and to make a pledge if you wish.